Experienced Florida Elder Law Attorney Offers Resources for Planners Who Need Help
Whether you need a Florida elder law attorney to manage your challenging situation with a parent or a plan to obtain fair long term benefits, we can help.
An Experienced Florida Elder Law Attorney Offers Insights into Challenging Situations
Whether you’re looking to establish an advance directive, assist your parents with estate planning, or research the eligibility requirements and application process for assisted living or nursing home, you need a qualified Florida elder law attorney to help you navigate the system and get results.
Planning for the golden years is not necessarily intuitive. Elder law covers a diverse list of concerns, including planning for aging, illness and incapacity. This kind of planning can touch on challenging personal and emotional topics. For instance:
- How should you handle moving your independent mother over to a nursing home or other assisted living facility, if she doesn’t want to go but needs to go because of safety issues?
- What planning tools do you need to put in place to qualify for benefits, avoid harsh tax consequences and maximize income for your loved ones?
- How can you advocate assertively in the medical system to ensure that a senior you love is getting proper attention?
- What legal levers can you pull, if you suspect elder mistreatment, malnourishment, or abuse?
A Florida Elder Law Attorney Can Help with the Following Needs and Concerns:
- Advanced directives, such as health care surrogate nominations and living wills
- Lifetime planning, such as wills and trusts
- Guardianship for a minor or incapacitated adult
- Power of attorney
- Public benefits and insurance, such as Medicaid, Medicare, and Veterans Benefits
- Nursing home and long term care facilities
- Employment and retirement matters
- Income, estate and gift tax matters
- Estate planning
- Claims against nursing homes
- Age and disability discrimination
- Grandparent’s rights
Obtaining Peace of Mind and Clarity about What You Need to Do
One of the most frustrating things about dealing with an elder law “situation” is the ambiguity it can create in your life, in your finances, and in your relationships. Our team has handled complex, emotionally sensitive matters such as:
- Managing overwhelming long term care costs
- Admitting parents to a nursing home or assisted living facility
- Navigating eligibility requirements for Medicare, Medicaid and Veterans Administration benefits, requirements that often read as complicated as a nuclear physics textbook
We can also assist if you or your loved ones served in the military and need help obtaining benefits. We can also help establish or modify wills, trusts, advanced directives and other planning documents; or manage probate, discrimination and insurance related challenges. Call us today at 954-532-9447, or click here to speak with an elder law attorney in Florida today.Español